From Monastery Immaculate
Conception, Ferdinand, Indiana
Traditional cookies made by Benedictine Sisters in the monastery's bakery using simple ingredients, classic recipes, time-honored techniques and (of course) lots of prayer. These are truly Old World style cookies! Net weight 11.8 oz
- ALMERLE (4 cookies): Almond-flavored variation of beloved Springerle; crisp outside, soft inside. Cookie molds (with images of nature) are over 100 years old, brought by the sisters from Germany.
- BUTTERMINT CHOCOLATE or BUTTERMINT (6 or 8 cookies): Butter cookies made with mint from the monastery garden and layered with chocolate. (In warmer months, the Sisters substitute plain Buttermint cookies.)
- GINGERSNAP (5 cookies) : Said to have been invented by Benedictine monks, this sugar-coated cookie, chewy and spicy, is loved by young and old alike.
- HILDEGARD (5 cookies) : St. Hildegard's own recipe! She recommended them for slowing the aging process, creating a cheerful countenance, lightening a heavy heart and releasing intelligence. They're delicious, too!
- SHORTBREAD (5 cookies) : The simple, classic butter cookie that's simply delicious!