Imported from Glenstal Abbey, Ireland
With Monastic Liqueurs
Luscious chocolate truffles from Glenstal Abbey
in Ireland in eight assorted flavors. Savor fondant fillings imbued with the herbal and fruit bouquets of four great monastic liqueurs including Chartreuse and Bénédictine; four other flavors include Milk Praline, Whole Hazelnut, and Irish Coffee (made with award-winning Irish whiskey). Sixteen hand-crafted pieces, two of each flavor; net wt 260 g (9.17 oz)
When shipping chocolate in warm weather (April – October) we strongly urge adding POLAR PACKS. To order Polar Packs, click on the info link below
More Product Info
Glenstal Abbey Truffle Flavors:
Chartreuse: Made at the monastery of La Grande Chartreuse, France, from an ancient recipe of some 130 herbs and plants, known to only two monks at any time.
Nocino di Valserena: An artisan product of the monastery of Bose in Italy, made from walnuts and using an old monastic recipe for an after-dinner drink, the classic Italian digestive.
Bénédictine: First made in the 16th century by an Italian monk, Bernardo Vincelli, at Fécamp Abbey in France. Still made today at Fécamp by a company founded in 1863.
Liqueur de Mandarine: Made at the Cistercian abbey on the island of Lérins, off the French coast, where St. Patrick is said to have studied in the fifth century.
Irish Coffee: The aroma and flavor of cappuccino combines with undertones of award-winning Irish whiskey in a perfect symphony of culinary bliss.
Milk Praline: Caramelized hazelnuts ground and delicately blended with chocolate, this is a real winner with all palates.
Whole Hazelnut: The smoothness of delicious praline contrasts with the texture of a whole hazelnut to delight the senses.
Almond: Turkish almonds caramelized, finely ground and perfectly balanced with chocolate to bring you a dreamy Eastern experience.
Glenstal Abbey: Murroe, County Limerick, Ireland
Glenstal Abbey is a Benedictine monastery founded in 1927 in County Limerick on the south-west coast of Ireland. A 500 acre estate with streams, lakes and woodland paths surrounds a Norman-style castle built in the 1830s.
The Abbey, which is dedicated to Saints Joseph and Columba, is home to 50 monks. Prayer and liturgical celebration combine with managing a boarding school for boys, a farm, and a guest house. The Abbey is known for its collection of Russian and Greek icons and for its many chant and music recordings.